How to show battery percentage on iPhone 12 is hard to find, don’t be surprised if I tell you there are four simpler ways to show battery percentage on iPhone.
A couple of iOS upgrades back, it was easy to display battery percentage on your iPhone screen, rather it was shown as default. With the iOS 13 upgrade, this changed, and only the battery icon is shown on the top right side of your iPhone. You will have to guess what is the exact percentage and often struggle to find it out.
Often people complain that their phone is not showing the battery percentage, but they do not do anything about it. For them, the only time you can see the percentage of battery left is when you connect your phone to a charger. But do not worry, I will show you not one, but four different ways, how to show battery percentage on iPhone 12 or any other model, provided it is running the latest version of iOS 15.
1. Ask Siri, “how to show battery percentage on iPhone 12?”
Our first solution is hand’s free. Yes, it is that simple, ask Siri, “What is my battery percentage”; or “Battery remaining”? Siri will answer you in detail.
2. Control Center
The easiest way without changing any settings on your iPhone is by going into Control Center. There are 2-3 different ways to go to Control Center.
- Using the Assistive touch button (the on-screen soft home button) to access the control center
- Swipe down from the top right side of your iPhone home screen.
The battery percentage is on the top right-hand side of this screen (see screenshot).
3. Use Widgets to show battery percentage
Widgets are an amazing new feature with iOS 15, you can customize your Home screen with this. You can also add various widgets like a battery to show you the percentage on the home screen.
Step by step guide to add the Widget for battery
- Long press the screen (any empty part of the screen)
- The icons will start shaking and you will be able to see the + sign on the top left-hand side of your iPhone screen.
- Click on +
- You will see a search screen with some Widgets shown below
- Search for Battery or you can scroll down to look for a battery widget
- On selecting Battery you will see three different widget types. A smaller square-shaped one, a rectangular taking up the entire width of the screen, and one larger one.
- I liked the smaller one, so I select it and clicked the green button Add Widget
- Lo! Your battery widget with percentage battery is right on the home screen
3. Battery apps (Not recommended)
There are many 3rd party battery apps available that not only show you the battery percentage but many other things. To be honest, these apps only consume your battery, so better to stay away from as many apps as possible. Use the above tips to show battery percentage on iPhone 12 or any other model phone that you have.
Summary on how to show battery percentage on iPhone 12
To keep your iPhone header banner clutter-free, the battery percentage is not shown anymore after the latest iOS upgrades. Given the utility of this feature, it is important to find an easy way to see this useful piece of information. Our recommendation is to use the super cool widgets which were introduced with the latest iOS upgrade.
Do leave your comments below if you find this helpful or if you have more tips to share.
Also read: How to print to PDF on iPhone
To take a screenshot read: How to screenshot on iPhone 13
To record screen read: How to screen record on iPhone 13