How to turn off Siri suggestions if you do not want Siri to suggest and prompt you on everything from dictation or on Airpods while listening to music?
AI assistants, such as Apple’s Siri, are supposed to “be in the right place at the right time,” or to forecast what you want to accomplish and give clever suggestions to help you get through your day. In practice, this means that Siri frequently offers suggestions in areas like Search and the Lock Screen. It even suggests if the unknown number from an incoming call might belong to someone who you might know by looking in your emails or messages.
Safari also employs Siri intelligence to recommend links that the user may be interested in opening. The function employs ingenious ways to determine what you would want to do next by inspecting your messages, mail, clipboard, and so on, and showing suggestions on the new tab screen.
Siri can also apply its learning about you to your other device to improve experience. This is achieved if you have signed in to your devices, like, iPad, Macbook, with same Apple ID.
If you don’t like Siri’s suggestions, you can quickly disable them on your iPhone, or you may choose which applications can use Siri suggestions.
Here’s how to disable Siri’s suggestions.
How To Turn Off Siri Suggestions Completely
If you do not want your AI assistant to bother you at all, or you do not want it to pop up even when you press the button accidentally. You can easily disable Siri completely by following the steps below:
- Go to the Settings app on your iPhone
- Tap on Siri & Search
- Slide the button to off for the following options
- Listen for “Hey Siri”
- Press Side Button for Siri
- Allow Siri When Locked
When you turn off the above options you will see a popup at the bottom of the screen. Select Turn Off Siri.
How Turn Off Siri From Reading Messages?
Several people have asked, “how to force Siri to stop reading text messages?”We picked and answered these questions based on their popularity. Siri can be quite useful at times, but it also requires some of your patience. Apple has a setting that allows Siri to read the incoming text. This occurs when the “Speak Auto Text” option on your phone is enabled. A lot of users have inquired about how to stop Siri from reading their text messages. So, to make your life simpler, we’ve also included instructions on “how to persuade Siri to stop reading text messages.”
- Open your phone’s home page.
- Navigate to the Settings Menu.
- Select the option, General.
- Then, choose Accessibility.
- You will be able to notice the Speak Auto-Text option
- Turn it off.
- Return to the home screen.
- Siri will no longer read aloud your text messages!
How To Turn Off Siri Reading Messages on Airpods?
- Open the Settings on your iPhone.
- In the following step, hit and choose Notifications.
- A new page with the Announce Messages with Siri dialogue box will open.
- There are two options: Announce Messages with Siri and Announce Messages from.
- The toggle will be green if the Announce Messages with Siri option is activated.
- To turn off the function, tap the toggle and uncheck the Announce messages using Siri box.
How To Turn Off Siri Suggestions In Safari
Apple has added numerous new features to the Safari browser this year, including enhanced desktop web browsing for iPadOS Safari, a dedicated Download Manager, a new website controls menu, and more. Another useful feature introduced with iOS 13 and iPadOS 13 is greater Siri integration for Safari on iPhone and iPad.
For example, if a buddy sends you a website link over iMessage, Siri Suggestions will allow you to open it fast by showing it as a recommendation within the Safari browser. Similarly, by pressing on the Siri Suggestion, you may instantly open URLs copied to your iPhone or iPad’s clipboard.
The Siri Suggestions feature in Safari attempts to make it easier for users to access websites they want to visit, but it may pose some privacy issues for users who share their iPhone or iPad with others. If you don’t want Safari to propose URLs that you’ve copied to your clipboard or forwarded to you over iMessage, you can easily disable the function.
To hide Siri Suggestions in Safari on iOS 13 or iPadOS 13, follow these steps.
- Go to Settings on your device.
- Launch Safari.
- Once on the Safari settings page, select the ‘Siri & Search’ option.
- Then, under the ‘In Safari’ header, locate and deactivate the Show Siri Suggestions in App option.
To Turn Off Siri on iCloud
What Siri has learnt about you on one device, it can apply its learning on other devices as well. If you are using same Apple ID for multiple devices, like, Macbook, iPad and iPhone, Siri can personalise your experience across device. But if you do not want your personalisation to reflect across device, then you can disable it.
- Go to Settings on your device.
- Tap on your Apple ID
- Select iCloud
- Scroll down for Siri and make sure it is Off, the slider is towards grey.
That’s it; after you switch off this setting, Safari will no longer display Siri Suggestions in the Safari browser.
Conclusion – How To Turn Off Siri Suggestions
Siri is a wonderful tool if you love to use personal assistant. From helping you to create events, inform you about traffic conditions, suggest news stories or help identify an anonymous caller. There might be times you may not want to be bothered by Siri suggestions. There are ways like using Focus, but that is a different topic and maybe I can cover it in another blog. Turing Off Siri may be the right solution or turning off specific suggestion, by going a la carte.
Let me know your views on Siri in the comments section.
Interested in more topics? Read the latest topics from Technofrugal
- How To Reverse Image Search On iPhone 2022
- Is iPhone 11 Waterproof?
- How To Turn Off Siri Suggestions – 4 Variations
- 7 Ways on How To Clear Cookies On iPhone
- The Number 1 Guide on How To Delete Instagram Account On iPhone