There are times when you want to know how to delete Instagram account on iPhone permanently from your device. It is not as easy as pressing the delete button. The process is more complicated than you think. If you delete the app, only your device will be free of Instagram, for the entire world, you are still on Instagram. This does not serve its purpose if you are a victim of social media impersonation, or more simply hacking. If you are not using it, then the best bet is to delete it permanently. Here are some measures you may take to remove their accounts to assist them.
What is Instagram?
Instagram is one of the most popular social media networks, with millions of users from all over the world. For years, Instagram has been a mainstay for online content. Used by people who like to post photos and videos of their life with their friends & family. And most commonly these days used by influencers and celebrities to keep their fans up to speed on their work.
What Happens If You Deactivate Your Instagram Account?
Instagram deletes all of your account data, including images, videos, comments, likes, and followers, when you erase your account. According to Instagram, when you remove your account, your data becomes inaccessible to you or others, but the company does not begin erasing the data internally until 30 days following your deletion request.
Instagram says that the entire erasure of your account data may take up to 90 days. Even after this time period has expired, the platform may still retain some of your data in its backup.
If you don’t want to permanently delete your account, deactivating it is a decent option. It allows you to take a break from social media without completely deleting your account.
If you’ve chosen to delete your account entirely, try first removing your account data and unlinking your Instagram and Facebook accounts. Then proceed with the instructions on how to delete Instagram account on iPhone.
How to delete Instagram Account on iPhone?
Instagram’s creators have provided many methods to get you off their platform. Instagram users now have the ability to delete or disable their accounts. Instagram’s official website has a comprehensive post that can assist users with deleting or disabling their accounts. For your convenience, here are some actions you may take to remove or disable Instagram accounts.
- Launch Safari on your iPhone.
- Then Log in to your Instagram account using your browser.
- From the Settings menu, navigate to the Delete My Account page.
- Then check for the dropdown menu situated next to – Why are you canceling your account?
- You must re-enter your password.
- Users must also choose a reason for canceling their account.
- The option to permanently deactivate your Instagram account will not show until you select this.
- Then choose the Delete option.
Congratulations! You have successfully deactivated your Instagram account indefinitely.
Next Read: How to Reset iPhone
How to disable Instagram Account on iPhone?
Sometimes you may just want to disable instead of deleting your account permanently. Unless your account has been compromised, you should choose to disable it. You may never know a few months or years down the line you would want to re-enable your account. But the choice is yours and if you want to only disable your Instagram then follow the below steps.
- Launch Safari on your iPhone.
- Then Log in to your Instagram account using the browser
- Click on your profile image in the top right corner.
- Choose Edit Profile from the Profile menu.
- Locate the Temporarily deactivate my account option, which will be situated on the bottom right side of the screen.
- You must select a reason for deactivating your accounts.
- The option to Temporarily disable Instagram accounts will not show until this is selected. Then choose Temporarily disable Instagram.
If you go through this procedure, you will not be able to reactivate this exact account, therefore if you wish to use Instagram again, you will need to register a new account.
Conclusion – How to delete Instagram account on iPhone
Instagram is a fantastic application, but it is not suitable for everyone. Also, there might be personal reasons and circumstances when you want to delete your Instagram account. We hope this advice makes deactivating your Instagram account a bit easier, whether you just want to take a vacation from the feed or want to move away from social media entirely.
Do let me know in the comment section under which circumstance you had delete your social media account?
- How To Reverse Image Search On iPhone 2022
- Is iPhone 11 Waterproof?
- How To Turn Off Siri Suggestions – 4 Variations
- 7 Ways on How To Clear Cookies On iPhone
- The Number 1 Guide on How To Delete Instagram Account On iPhone